Sunday, October 21, 2012

Thought of the day - we've got it pretty good

I know there's a lot of doom and gloom nowadays. Everywhere you look it's bad news. I'm probably as bad as anyone at this...

But we do have it pretty good. I heard on the radio the other day that even those considered poor in the US are still better off than 85% of the rest of the world. That's the rest of the world, folks - something like 5 billion people!

We still live in the greatest country in the world even though we do have our share of problems.

As I'm writing this, I am sitting on my front porch on a beautiful autumn day in Texas. Bluebird skies, deer moving through the brush, kids playing in the yard.... It's almost perfect.

I suggest we all take a moment to reflect on how good we have it and be thankful.

Keep your powder dry.
HH

No comments:

Post a Comment