Friday, December 28, 2012

Thought of the day - sleep

Disclaimer: I don't know if this can technically be a thought of the day it's still dark outside.

Sleep.
How I miss you....

I'm curious why it is that as I get older, I sleep less. It seems (and sure feels) like I need more sleep now than 10 years ago, but I sleep less. Sometimes much less. In my 20's I could easily sleep 'til noon and now I'm up before the chickens. Honestly, they're still asleep...

Maybe it's the holiday break and a disruption in our normal pattern, but I'm waking up at all hours of the night and what sleep I do get is poor quality. As much as we might not like to admit it, we are ALL creatures of habit following a fairly constant pattern. It's not a bad thing, just how we are made. It does seem that with age comes a more entrenched routine and any disruption creates a greater level of havoc. Well, havoc may be too strong of a word, but you (the 7 of you reading this, at least I hope there's still that many) know what I mean.

Then again, maybe I can't sleep because I haven't been doing anything. Hard work always produces a good night's sleep, or so it seems. I'm definitely off my normal PT schedule so that may have something to do with it. I've been pretty lazy for the last few days...

This morning when I woke up at 0430 I decided to go ahead and knock out some push-ups and sit-ups, do my bible study, shower, shave, and get ready for the day.

So here I am: up, clean, dressed, and ready for the day. Now I just have to wait for the day to catch up.....

No comments:

Post a Comment